Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Loan file touch time cut by up to 80%

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 16 Apr 2014, 06:40 AM Agree 0
​Broker processing time has been slashed by a new electronic loan system rolled out by a regional lender
  • andrew | 16 Apr 2014, 09:48 AM Agree 0
    this system has been a nightmare & increases work required by writer by some 2-3 hours, slows down decision time & is an absolute headache for assessors also.
  • Country Broker | 16 Apr 2014, 11:26 AM Agree 0
    If it anything like the PODIUM/ PLAN roll out it will take a year at least to get it right. Good Luck !
  • Dave Robinson | 16 Apr 2014, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    Hmmm lender says everything is great and broker says bull@#$%. Which one do you believe?
  • Mat | 16 Apr 2014, 01:17 PM Agree 0
    Sounds great, congrats to HomeStart and the team.

All home buyers want is a quick answer and commitment that the lender will follow through with their end of the bargain.
  • Mac Johnson | 16 Apr 2014, 01:26 PM Agree 0
    Lets hope its not anything like Symmetry, which is a total rubbish and a nightmare. It adds 2 hrs min per app. I avoid electronic apps where ever humanly possible.
    Good software gets people flocking to it in droves. Bad software cost a fortune at every point in the chain and people avoid it like the plague. Which is what most brokers do.

I don't get, why the Fin institutions don't get that. Oh hang on, it just occurred to me. Its because that don't give a toss about brokers. Its the only possible conclusion.
    Not one Fin institution has created good software, and I've used most of them over the years.
    All of them cost brokers a fortune in time.
    For example, Google Maps, if you get an address wrong, it suggests option. You may type say, Simms Street, but its actually Simms Drive, Google will suggest all the options. And that's on my phone. With Symmetry/Next Gen if you get an address wrong you've got to guess what correction to make. Solution ? Phone client to get clarification. They're out to lunch and get back to you two day later, or, they thought it was 'Street' and if its not that, they've no idea. Result - you're back to guessing, and validating 25 times, till you stumble across the correct one.
    Come on IT guys inclusions like this are kindergarten stuff that should be in the software from the start.
  • FELS User | 17 Apr 2014, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    ha ha ha.. this is hysterical. I want this system not the one you gave me !!!!!
  • Mac Johnson | 17 Apr 2014, 12:34 PM Agree 0
    To FELS User. Can you clarify your comment pls. I don't get it.
  • danlynn | 17 Apr 2014, 05:47 PM Agree 0
    Hi Andrew, if you give criticism like this, please at least provide specific examples so people can reply or understand. e.g. how do you know the FELS system, how is it increasing work load, slowing decision times etc.
  • Mac is a Muppet | 17 Apr 2014, 11:21 PM Agree 0
    MAc...What are you talking about......If you hate systems so much, then why use them at all.....crawl back in your dinosaur hole. I've used Mercury, Flex & Symmetry and all are great. I'd say it user inadequacy on your part. is Symmetry meant to fix your error in transcribing the wrong more attention to your work.
Post a reply