Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

LVR cap in NZ could soon be history

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 12 May 2014, 08:35 AM Agree 0
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand's curbs on mortgage lending to low deposit borrowers may be removed by the end of the year
  • Spud | 12 May 2014, 04:50 PM Agree 0
    Sure I bet it has cooled the housing market.... but I bet all the people being left in rentals longer then they otherwise would have has lit a fire under the rental market, they forget to mention the impacts it has had there..... Which if left too long would just cause a spike in home prices again but this time only investors could get in as First Home Buyers would not have the savings..... It troubles me when governments tell highly successful lending institutions how to run their business's when for most governments they struggle to run their own (not to mention the amount of governments percentage wise world wide needing bail outs .... and incurring spiraling debts is much higher then those in the corporate world). Some say reserve banks are 'independent' of politicians... its not quite true given governments appoint the boards so they appoint people who think like the government of the day ie if the greens got in we would probably have members of the communist party of oz running the RBA
Post a reply