Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major aggregator centre of ASX rumours

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 10 Jun 2015, 08:37 AM Agree 0
After AFG had its share market debut in May, speculation has mounted that one of its major rivals may be the looking to float
  • SanityPrevails | 10 Jun 2015, 09:31 AM Agree 0
    Given Connective's extremely skinning margins, a starting price of sub 0.50c per share would be generous.
  • Harold Spencer | 10 Jun 2015, 10:04 AM Agree 0
    Connective have a long way to go before floating, systems are no where near strong enough, management team is lacking skill base to take company to float and just like borrowers who chase the cheapest rate, brokers will leave on mass for a cheaper, more robust aggregator. While they may have put on more brokers since Jan 2015 settlement figures have stagnated and in some cases are below last year. I like Connective and it's management team however the reality is the business is still little way off from a float.
  • marty | 10 Jun 2015, 12:31 PM Agree 0
    @ SanityPrevails sounds like sour grapes to me
  • Really? | 11 Jun 2015, 11:40 PM Agree 0
    How can you possibly float a business when you're making next to no money, don't generate a single enquiry or loan yourself and it's advertised that every broker can leave at a moments notice? What are you actually floating? BUYER BEWARE!!!
  • Maybe | 14 Jun 2015, 08:02 PM Agree 0
    OK - as an investor you run the ruler over the numbers and work out the fees being charged could be doubled with nominal leakage as the alternatives are already much more.

Maybe the skinny margins have attracted broker numbers to the point where the owners can pass it on and let the new board bring the bad news that the honeymoon is over.

If floated, there is no downside and as an investor I would be asking for an increase in fees and clipping tickets because their aint going anywhere fast, and, as a new owner, Mr CEO, your now rewarded on return to me!!.
    C'mon!!
Post a reply