Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major aggregator the latest to move to cloud computing - but is it safe?

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 14 Jan 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
A major aggregator has become the latest to view cloud computing as the way of the future for mortgage brokers
  • MM | 14 Jan 2013, 09:01 AM Agree 0
    Yes it's convenient for brokers but it's ultimately not as secure as keeping files on your local network. And nice passing the buck back onto Google, rather than take responsibility for your own data security!
  • Country Broker | 14 Jan 2013, 09:37 AM Agree 0
    Doing this for the last 12 months , it is convenient and secure if two of the big four can do and ensure it is safew why not , I need to store my data off site and be able to access it .
  • Patrick | 14 Jan 2013, 09:44 AM Agree 0
    My concern is that large corporations cannot be trusted. Once you are committed with a large amount of your data stored and systems operating online from an outsiders server, what is to stop them significantly changing their pricing policy to exploit the inertia created by the cost of changing supplier? What if they refuse to allow you to copy or transfer data stored on their system? What if the locate their server offshore to keep costs down and the location becomes politically unstable? The internal politics and policy of large corporates changes with every change in management.
  • CD | 14 Jan 2013, 12:03 PM Agree 0
    Google is the most mature cloud solution available, with security certifications to the highest degree. Millions of business are jumping on the google bandwagon as they offer flexible access to data and provide competitive advantage to users, more so than local IT providers are capable of providing with minimal cost.Keeping your files on your local network is becoming an archaic way of doing business. Having data always available, always accessible is how to stay ahead of the pack.
  • Mary | 14 Jan 2013, 12:28 PM Agree 0
    I think it's a convenient way to go, but they really need to be careful that documents uploaded aren't cached by Google on their way into the system. I have that happen to a friend of mine by an accounting firm - they had all their password protection when he did a search on his name (as everyone should do occasionally) his group certificate was available for public viewing...
Post a reply