Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major bank announces $2.9 billion half-year profit

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 30 Apr 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
One of the big four has exceeded market expectations, pulling in a massive $2.94 billion after-tax profit
  • Country Broker | 30 Apr 2013, 11:10 AM Agree 0
    Just a pity the brokers who send them deal have to put up with assessors from Bangalore who do not fully understand the loan approval conditions needed and are just plain rude and cannot half the time be understood , resulting in brokers having to refer decisions to their BDM for reassessment or amendment to approvals. Just frustationg . Good Product , quick services , pity about Bangalore ! I think the brokers should have better .
  • Chris C | 30 Apr 2013, 12:05 PM Agree 0
    As seen by its shareholders, ANZ has worked very well to only take on multiple customer accounts / only profitable positions / maintain their dominance of dictating how much they will pay introducers ie. lower commissions while they increase their base rate that match other Lenders lower base rate and higher commissions (same end cost to customer) .... very well done ANZ but if you are an introducer or a customer, you may think you have been 'gauged' as they say....hence other fairer play Lenders are getting my business introductions for the time being and they are still making excellent profits.
  • David | 30 Apr 2013, 12:07 PM Agree 0
    Wow - a Bank profit announcement that doesn't finish with a comment about there being further pressure on cost of funds. The tide may be turning finally.
  • Goose | 30 Apr 2013, 01:35 PM Agree 0
    Lucky they cut our commissions
Post a reply