Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major bank chief 'out of touch' with brokers, claims association

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 13 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A major bank chief has come under fire after he suggested brokers could be the next in line to face increased scrutiny by regulators
  • Janine | 13 Aug 2015, 08:49 AM Agree 0
    Lol! The two "geniuses" of our industry weigh in..
    Whilst the industry doesn't need further regulation, the odds are Mr Hartzer is correct and we will see more however most brokers are in good shape to take it on.
  • Broker | 13 Aug 2015, 09:50 AM Agree 0
    What a Dinosaur !
  • Wozza | 13 Aug 2015, 09:52 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Janine. If anyone thinks doesn't think the political and regulatory is ripe for a "mortgage broker scrutiny" then they have their heads in the sand.
  • John NSW | 13 Aug 2015, 09:59 AM Agree 0
    Geez Janine have a little respect. At least these people are trying to make a difference by putting themselves out there. If you aren't happy with it maybe you should step up and try and change something from the inside by joining a state council of either the FBAA or the MFAA. If you aren't prepared to do that then have some respect for the years of dedication these men have had to the industry.
  • Rocket Scientist | 13 Aug 2015, 10:16 AM Agree 0
    Well said Janine.
  • Dave | 13 Aug 2015, 10:27 AM Agree 0
    Why not suggest putting branch bank managers under the microscope. They're getting away with a whole lot more than any questionable broker practices.
  • Harold Spencer | 13 Aug 2015, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    And further proof (if needed) that Westpac is down for the count. I can hear the chairman phoning Gail right now and asking "what will it take to get you back?". Another bad choice by the Westpac board, no bonuses for you guy's this year. Oh and to all those brokers giving Westpac business it must feel good to be the smartest one in the room! ;-)
  • Jason | 13 Aug 2015, 04:17 PM Agree 0
    Janine you're spot on!
    The head of FBAA and Mortgage Choice, both which are dinosaurs themselves..
    How's about we get some comments from the more relevant industry leaders please? AFG? AUSSIE? CONNECTIVE?
Post a reply