Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major bank extends credit assessments to Saturdays

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 09 Dec 2014, 08:44 AM Agree 0
A major bank has moved to extend its home loan assessments to six days, adding Saturdays to the mix
  • John | 09 Dec 2014, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    Send it over to Bangladesh.
  • Chappo | 09 Dec 2014, 09:49 AM Agree 0
    Happy to hear that this will improve turn around times. I just hope that ANZ Assessors are not ringing me on Saturday when I'm not working! Had a bad experience with ANZ when they outsourced assessment to Bangalore and had them ring @ 9.30 pm to go through applicant's P&L Statements! When I asked them to call me during MY business hours they found that concept hard to grasp.
  • Vic Regional Broker | 09 Dec 2014, 12:06 PM Agree 0
    This is a great move, congratulations to the ANZ. Yes, it will involve Bangalore, but it will ensure some clients get quicker answers and settlements, so long as it is supervised from Melbourne and we do not get phone calls outside normal hours over in Australia, i.e. 9:00pm at night! (ANZ staff cop the same). All we need now is a 95% with LMI LVR for new to bank clients.
  • Grrrr..... | 09 Dec 2014, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    BIG NEWS...
    Can someone throw Suncorp a life line... Six days to first assessment...? Days for stupid emails from assessor because they can't read supporting loan notes & won't pick up the phone... Three days for docs to issue... Seven days for Certifications (and that deal is already in the system!)

Maybe Suncorp should have thought about their resources issue a bit better before launching this campaign...
  • Broker | 09 Dec 2014, 03:06 PM Agree 0
    Well done ANZ, now if only you would pay us properly for all deals.

I am with you Grrr, except I have given Suncorp a bullet not a life line. Never again, they are as hopeless as I have seen after 12 years in the game.

Seven plus weeks to settle a refinance, FMS a great match for Suncorp as they are also as hopeless.
  • Andrew Edwards | 09 Dec 2014, 04:43 PM Agree 0
    I know this is not an article on Suncorp but as it seems to have turned into one I will also agree, never again!

Regardless of rates or any offering they have even if it was 4%. Hopeless systems, an unreliable BDM and a valuable client I USED to have I have now lost thanks to Suncorp taking 5 weeks to tell me they won't do the loan.

My client (or should I say EX-client) lost his deposit and the home he wanted to buy.
  • Scott Beattie | 02 Jan 2015, 01:28 PM Agree 0
    ANZ are so fast at the moment that recently, they had approved even before I submitted it! :)
    Loving ANZ's turnaround - keep up the great work!!
  • Cjmwlove | 22 Jan 2015, 05:04 PM Agree 0
    24hr turnaround, try 2 weeks and still being fobbed off by them for a decision. Poor poor customer service from ANZ.
  • Sickofwaiting | 22 Jan 2015, 05:06 PM Agree 0
    24hr turnaround, try 336hrs & still nothing, they have done nothing but stuff up a simple well documented application! Poor poor customer service from ANZ!
  • Andrew Edwards | 23 Jan 2015, 01:47 PM Agree 0
    Heritage Bank is even worse! Why oh why put out a very good special and not be prepared for the reaction from the marketplace?
  • Marty | 25 Jan 2015, 10:52 PM Agree 0
    @ Andrew Edwards...& others. When a lender comes out with a really good special don't use them for purchases!!!!!! (Unless you get it in before the sausage machine gets blocked).
Post a reply