Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major bank reports decline in broker settlements

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 03 Nov 2014, 08:21 AM Agree 0
A major bank has reported a 15% rise in home loan sales over the year to September 2014, taking its total loan book to $209 billion, but the proportion of brokers settling loans has decreased
  • observer | 03 Nov 2014, 09:05 AM Agree 0
    They have also invested in some quality BDMs. We have a local BDM (Donovan Blanch) who offers great service and the growth in our use of ANZ as a direct result of his service has enabled us to now enjoy the premium broker service.
  • John | 03 Nov 2014, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    Our ANZ BDM, Simone Geronimi, is one of the best BDM's I have ever come across. I am doing more and more business with ANZ because of Simone.
  • The Observer | 03 Nov 2014, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    ANZ Bank was the only major bank that supported Brokers during the GFC - remember how others removed year 1 trail, other cancelled accreditations due to volumes and one offered us the opportunity to pay $500 for reaccreditation for not proving 6 loans within a period. Doesn't ANZ deserve Broker support?
  • Incognito | 03 Nov 2014, 12:56 PM Agree 0
    I guessed ANZ!

Their loan products are good and their BDM's are good BUT for some reason, as a broker the bank is a pain in the a$$. I gave up after 3 mess-ups.. Not worth it. Cost me a fortune in money and cred.

Also the lendnet/brokernet thing is overweight, clunky and silly.
  • Peter | 03 Nov 2014, 01:24 PM Agree 0
    I agree with what Incognito said. ANZ are too much hard work for what they offer compared to others, and the rates and fees are not overly flash either. Just another lender, in my opinion, with no outstanding benefits to our clients that we can't better at several different lenders.
  • Incognito | 03 Nov 2014, 02:00 PM Agree 0
    My correction: it's called ANZ Toolkit (not lendnet/brokernet).

It's still wack though, despite it's good intention
  • Incognito | 03 Nov 2014, 02:19 PM Agree 0
    My correction: it's called ANZ Toolkit (not lendnet/brokernet).

It's still wack though, despite it's good intention.
  • Papery | 03 Nov 2014, 03:13 PM Agree 0
    Agree... Hate the ToolKit... Everything else I can cope with... Plus the Website credit policy set up is awful.
Post a reply