Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major bank unveils mortgage growth plan

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 12 Nov 2015, 07:27 AM Agree 0
A major bank has unveiled plans to ramp up mortgage growth after achieving below average system growth in the 2015 financial year - with brokers to play a key part
  • Broker | 12 Nov 2015, 09:35 AM Agree 0
    Westpac lost a lot of broker support way back in 2008 and they know why but conveniently forget why.

They will never grow their book at the rate of other lenders as brokers have very good memories and let’s be realistic they don’t offer any niches of interest anyway.
  • John Sanders | 12 Nov 2015, 11:32 AM Agree 0
    I don't have Westpac accreditation as I found the process compared to other lenders way too complex.

I have never found I regret not having access to them. I get visits from BDMs and I will say okay, what niches do you have?

They don't have any niches at all, rates are not competitive so why would I bother?
  • Scott Beattie | 12 Nov 2015, 12:42 PM Agree 0
    I think that their 85% no LMI is a great niche, but I do find the processing a bit hit & miss!
  • Dave Robinson | 12 Nov 2015, 12:46 PM Agree 0
    I quote "our relationships with our brokers is vital", Mr Macrae let me give you a hint... Prove it with your actions not words as we have all heard it before. Good luck and I hope your future is not tied to the outcome.
Post a reply