Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major franchise to take on 150 new brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 09 Oct 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
One of the nation's largest broker franchises has launched a national recruitment drive, saying the mortgage market is 'extremely strong'
  • BONED | 09 Oct 2013, 09:42 AM Agree 0
    Great! Just what this industry needs! More former call centre employees who have seen the light and become Brokers, as if we don't have enough perception issues to deal with already due to Aussies previous recruiting models.
  • Gary Simmons | 09 Oct 2013, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    Great John - all very positive news and certainly encouraging for us independent brokers. Most of us have years of experience in finance & banking, so I would hope you keep your recruiting standards high and not hire "wanna be's" with no previous finance experience. Last thing the finance broking profession needs is more inexperienced amateurs creating havoc!
  • Wilko | 09 Oct 2013, 10:15 AM Agree 0
    Fair dinkum Boned! As if Aussie is to blame. There are now more than half a dozen aggregators and retail brokerage with new to industry models.

The problem is not the model. The problem is the type of people brands settle for and given Aussie is in the top financial services brands when it comes to home loans, it would be a good thing that they see recruitment as vital.

Nothing wrong with this news and it is good for our industry.
  • Terrie | 09 Oct 2013, 12:13 PM Agree 0
    Good to see Aussie continuing to recruit from external to the industry than play the "churn game" which many aggregators do. These chaps have proven themselves to be the very best in the business and many of us probably wouldn't exist without them.
  • PHKM | 09 Oct 2013, 07:51 PM Agree 0
    Boned you are alone here mate. Having worked in the industry for many years Aussie's education standards are leading the way for the industry plus they don't accept part time brokers, unlike many other aggregators.
    Poor education and lack of comminent deteriorate the professionalism of this industry. Probably explains why they are the biggest brand in the market...customers trust them!
  • BONED | 09 Oct 2013, 09:39 PM Agree 0
    With all due respect Wilko, with over 13 years in the industry, I can tell you that over 90% of dissatisfied Clients that I have come across who had previous dealings with a Broker was an 'Aussie' Broker... Fair Dinkum would be an understatement!
  • Wilko | 10 Oct 2013, 04:20 PM Agree 0
    Hey Boned,

And I can tell you after 30 years finance and broking experience that it just isnt Aussie. If your statistics were factual and representative of the industry then Aussie would be out of business like a lot of dodgy brokers. I guess you are lucky to only target ex-aussie dissatisfied customers!

The truth is Aussie and other large retail brokers and aggregators continue to grow their distribution and footprint because they are good at what they do and their brand and customer satisfaction is great.
  • Damo | 11 Oct 2013, 10:47 AM Agree 0
    Taxi drivers of the world rejoice.

There may be a new job for you!!!
Post a reply