Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major mortgage group triples industry growth

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 09 Jun 2015, 06:00 AM Agree 0
A major mortgage and wealth planning group has reported growth if three times the market in the last six months
  • Craig Budden | 09 Jun 2015, 08:54 AM Agree 0
    Be very wary YBR franchisees. There'll be no loyalty is someone offers the right price. MB will ditch you & sell for a profit, just like the Wizard days. Wizard store owners didn't get so much as a 'thanks for your help' from MB.
  • Harold Spencer | 09 Jun 2015, 11:12 AM Agree 0
    So the question is Craig how many Wizards thanked MB for all his help? Figured about the same traffic either way.
  • Craig Budden | 09 Jun 2015, 11:49 AM Agree 0
    No Harold. I think years of loyalty & hard work deserved more than being flogged off to GE Money in 2004. Then, as CEO, when GE sold to Aussie, he ran off at the handover meetings, without so much as a 'hello' or 'goodbye' to existing franchisees, many of whom were with him from day one & helped shape Wizard. As I said, be careful. Was always aloof, & will do the same here when it suits him.
  • Mark | 09 Jun 2015, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    Well done YBR - got Vow Financial at just the right time!
  • Matt M | 09 Jun 2015, 12:24 PM Agree 0
    As a YBR branch owner it's great that we now have economies of scale with the bigger group. To Craig - I think it sounds like you are a bit sour about it! I'm sure your 'loyalty and hard work' helped you become where you are today.
  • Craig Budden | 09 Jun 2015, 12:44 PM Agree 0
    No Matt, not sour at all. Don't get me wrong, good luck to the YBR guys. I know one locally & we get along just fine, but had someone said this to me in the Wizard days, like you, I would have not believed them. I have also defended the guy during the Wizard days, just like you. It's just a warning... that's all. It's happened before & I hope, for everyone's sake, it doesn't pan out the same.
  • marty | 10 Jun 2015, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    Be very wary
  • Urbroker | 10 Jun 2015, 04:56 PM Agree 0
    To Matt M... You speak of economies of scale benefiting the branches... How in particular??? It benefits the organisation NOT the branches... Wake up.
Post a reply