Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major predicts rates will rocket in 2013

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 16 Aug 2012, 08:00 AM Agree 0
A major is predicting the RBA will raise the cash rate significantly in 2013
  • Country Broker | 16 Aug 2012, 09:59 AM Agree 0
    Economists employed by banks are about 30- 40% accurate with their predictions !! even worse sine allan Oster left the ANZ !!
  • Lawry | 16 Aug 2012, 10:31 AM Agree 0
    That pack of clowns called the RBA didnt see the GFC coming so what qualifies them to make any decisions concerns our economy I dont know....
  • Julia Swanee | 16 Aug 2012, 10:50 AM Agree 0
    What a load of hog-wash, and an economist/s being paid buckets of $$$$ for delivering this. 'rising mining investment' - with China slowing? 'Strengthening labout market' - with businesses laying off staff on mass? 'Higher inflation' - in a deflation environment? No mention of Europe's continueing slide and the massive debt problems both in Europe and the US where bailouts are ongoing and when the bailouts can't continue Default awaits. Is NAB spruiking fixed rates in disguise?
  • mortgage road warrior | 16 Aug 2012, 11:05 AM Agree 0
    been to numerous indutsry functions when Bank economists talk sagely about historical data & then incorrectly predict the future . I place absolutley no currency in their predictions .
  • Barry Miller | 16 Aug 2012, 11:13 AM Agree 0
    With the comment from NAB that rates will lift a touch, where do you get your headline that rates will "rocket"? Come on some sensible headlines please not senational and inacurate headlines.
  • Martin | 16 Aug 2012, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    Couldn't agree more with Julia's comments above. Wish I'd writ it.
  • 1martym1 | 16 Aug 2012, 03:56 PM Agree 0
    I think he's right though
  • Scott Beattie | 16 Aug 2012, 05:15 PM Agree 0
    He probably meant the CBA!! :)
  • A Broker | 17 Aug 2012, 09:11 AM Agree 0
    You ask 10 economists for opinions, you end up with 11 answers. It's just the nature of the beast; it's highly subjective.
Post a reply