Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major slashes mortgage jobs

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 08 May 2012, 05:00 AM Agree 0
A major bank is set to slash mortgage processing jobs with the closure of one of its service centres
  • ozboy | 08 May 2012, 09:16 AM Agree 0
    Pretty happy I am not a Melbourne based broker using CBA, the next few months are going to be processing hell!!
  • A Broker | 08 May 2012, 09:53 AM Agree 0
    CBA has one of the best mortgage processing back offices in the business, with their Melbourne office being exceptionally good. This is a very disappointing move; all the best to the staff that are being made redundant.
  • Doug | 08 May 2012, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    How can the CBA say the demand is dropping and yet it still takes them a week to process a loan application in Melbourne if your a non diamond broker??
  • John | 08 May 2012, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    How many more ways can a bank possibly find ways to increase it's total overall revenue? Firstly they refuse to drop rates in full with any Reserve Bank rate movements topped of by slashing the jobs of many hard working and loyal employers.
  • Damien | 08 May 2012, 12:56 PM Agree 0
    How do banks expect to attract decent quality employees when they treat them like this?

Axe 100 jobs at 50K per year = 5 million so the total savings by axing this processing centre would'nt be a huge amount above that amount. Banks are morally bankrupt.
  • Melanie | 08 May 2012, 01:01 PM Agree 0
    This is really disappointing. One thing that set CBA apart from others is that you could liase directly with the Mortgage Processing Centre.
  • Melanie | 08 May 2012, 01:03 PM Agree 0
    This is really disappointing. Having a local mortgage processing centre really set CBA apart from the others. I'm sure this will affect the service received by brokers in Melbourne.
Post a reply