Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Market 'swan dive' six months away: Keen

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 05 Sep 2011, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Economist Steve Keen has predicted that a housing market price 'swan dive' is about six months away
  • Matt | 05 Sep 2011, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    Please dont get comment form this guy. He has being saying this for at least 10 years and will continue to say this until eventually it happens. The he will say I told you. But in the mean time he has been wrong hundreds of times and people who listen to him will have lost hundreds of thousdands of dollars. It is important to note that this guy says its going to crash but does not sell his own property.
  • Patrick | 05 Sep 2011, 11:13 AM Agree 0
    When I read a story and Steve Keen's name is mentioned for some reason the text after that changes to "blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah"
  • Goran | 05 Sep 2011, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    was he ever right? "NO" so why bother
  • petert71 | 05 Sep 2011, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    Based on this advice, I can now pick the bottom of the market, which is in about 6 months.
    This guy is a joke. He's never made a decent prediction and it usually goes the opposite way. I've got no idea why he still gets published!
  • Justin Ray | 05 Sep 2011, 04:09 PM Agree 0
    Economist are failed weather forecasters - Need i say anymore
  • Graham | 05 Sep 2011, 06:20 PM Agree 0
    Steve seems to forget the simplest of economic theories - "supply and demand" We have under supply with pent up demand.
  • Andrew Gardner | 06 Sep 2011, 09:01 AM Agree 0
    WHY do you give this bloke ANY airspace at all. Steve Keen is a chronic attention seeker trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy. KEEP THIS DOOMSAYER AWAY from those of us working in the real world. He was patently wrong in 08, he'll be wrong again this time.
  • Sanjay Verma | 06 Sep 2011, 10:09 AM Agree 0
    Again a prediction for property , guru needs to get his facts right , last time the prediction came falling back on him.property has lot of variables that help in increasing the prices one isd demand and supply and rental returns .
  • David | 14 Sep 2011, 02:11 PM Agree 0
    Steve is right on the money. You guys must be shaking n your boots to react so harshly.
    Housing speculators are about to get hit very hard. LMAO
Post a reply