Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

'Maternity promotion', not maternity leave, argues fair work advocate

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 17 Jul 2013, 04:00 AM Agree 0
Employers should view women going on maternity leave as building leadership skills, not taking time off, according to one professional network
  • not so old broker | 17 Jul 2013, 11:27 AM Agree 0
    What is the gender distribution of "useful" business degrees I wonder?
  • oldBroker | 18 Jul 2013, 12:53 PM Agree 0
    Women have to realise that there is no discrimination. Women earn less and get promoted less due to well-studied sociological factors... they work less (hours and years), they concentrate in less-paying jobs (teachers, child-care, etc), they are less willing to travel and take-on dangerous roles, etc etc.
    In all my 30 yrs in the workforce, I have never witnessed true discrimination against a female employee.
    Having said all this, the vast majority of problems I have faced as an employer come from female employees. Generally, men just come to work and get the job done... issues surrounding female employees run the gamut from bitchiness/gossiping/back-stabbing to excessive sick-time/time-off to complete unwillingness to work.
  • Papery | 22 Jul 2013, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    oldBroker....your kidding right....My experience has been the women front up to the office everyday, get the job done for less pay & recognition, put up with all the bs so that you OLD boys can bask in the glory of a job well done & go schmoozing on your boozy lunches & golf days, & gather up the liquid chrissy presents each year.

Just sayin.
Post a reply