Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

MFAA announces $1m consumer marketing campaign

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 07 May 2015, 01:41 PM Agree 0
The MFAA has announced the approval of a $1m consumer-focused marketing campaign
  • Mortgageguy | 07 May 2015, 02:12 PM Agree 0
    If the MFAA is truly going to advertise the use of Brokers, then I would consider paying an increase in the MFAA fees to assist with the marketing.
  • Regional | 07 May 2015, 02:13 PM Agree 0
    Curious as to how much of this will be spent in regional Victoria? Yet to see any MFAA advertising in my area after being a full member for 12 years...
  • Clarke Kent | 07 May 2015, 02:14 PM Agree 0
    How about we stick one back on ASIC!
  • Perth Broker | 07 May 2015, 02:18 PM Agree 0
    What a waste of money!!! The consumer is not interested in what the MFAA has to say and neither is the Broker. Just shows how much money is there to be wasted!
  • Terry Quin-Conroy | 07 May 2015, 02:19 PM Agree 0
    This woman is a powerhouse. A breath of fresh air. As open as a clear glass window.
  • Jacqueline | 07 May 2015, 02:19 PM Agree 0
    Better late than never.
  • Scott Beattie | 07 May 2015, 02:21 PM Agree 0
    Personally, I would prefer the MFAA to not worry about trying to generate leads and rather they focus on campaigns such as Why you need to choose an MFAA broker or Ask your lender / broker if they are a member of the MFAA?
    Very similar to adverts that the CPA have run previously about why choose a CPA accountant.
  • Bill | 07 May 2015, 02:29 PM Agree 0
    Go back to the board and seek a reduction in membership fees instead. Consumers are already aware of the need to use a broker!
  • Concerned Broker | 07 May 2015, 02:58 PM Agree 0
    So the MFAA has a spare 1 million for promotional purposes, not bad for a Not For Profit organisation. Reckon my annual fees are way too high. I don't think the "professionalism" of brokers can be purchased with marketing, it needs to be earned by simply being professional.
  • MCC | 07 May 2015, 03:12 PM Agree 0
    Excellent drive from MFAA!!!!!! I currently always start my interviews with an education process of the clients - what to look out for when dealing with lenders / credit advisers/ brokers. It's that beginning that cements the relationship & builds your professional credibility. Looking forward to seeing the campaign!!!!
  • Peter Reber | 07 May 2015, 04:38 PM Agree 0
    We need to ensure to endeavor to encapsulate Residential, Commercial and Asset Finance capabilities.
Post a reply