Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

MFAA expands horizons with offer to help Singapore

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 10 Jul 2012, 07:00 AM Agree 0
The MFAA has extended an offer of help to its Singaporean equivalent association as the nation strives to grow its local broking industry
  • Concerned | 10 Jul 2012, 10:40 AM Agree 0
    Phil, what are you doing with our money?

I am assuming this relationship with Singapore will require both labour and expenditure (i.e. trips overseas) from MFAA funds which will ultimately be paid for by increased member contributions. I have watched the waste and excesses generated by the MFAA over the last 10 years increase with every rise in membership fees.

Phil, I think it is time for an overhaul. Please stop wasting our money! Enough is enough. Do not justify your junkets by saying that the average broker might benefit from additional sales through Asia. You know this is simply not true as most of us generate our income from our local area.
  • KT | 10 Jul 2012, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    Concerned....excellent points.....I too am concerned our MFAA fees are wasted on this Asia the heck is this supposed to help us paying Aust MFAA members?
  • ACL | 10 Jul 2012, 01:38 PM Agree 0
    Well, thought Phil mentions clearly, that it is 'advice and guidance' ... how does that necessarily translate to using members' funds? In guiding and teaching, surely there are reciprocal benefits that MFAA can learn as well.. is there limits to learning and growth?
  • Incognito | 10 Jul 2012, 03:37 PM Agree 0
    I am proud the MFAA is doing this.

It's in-expensive and a very nice gesture to Singapore, plus it will enhance our image to those who appreciate bridge building in our region (the gov't for example).

IF ANY BROKER seriously has an issue with the MFAA yearly membership fee you should retire now or work in a bank branch, as broking isn't working out for you.
  • Graham | 11 Jul 2012, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    Of course there is a cost, what about the management time of the highly paid CEO and his supporting staff. Another reason why so many brokers are joining the FBAA.
Post a reply