Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

MFAA explains Diploma extension

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 24 May 2012, 01:00 AM Agree 0
The MFAA yesterday announced that it would postpone the deadline for the completion of the Diploma, due to a 'massive backlog' in processing last-minute enrolments.
  • Annoyed broker | 24 May 2012, 09:36 AM Agree 0
    I feel this is just demonstrates another soft approach by the spineless MFAA. They always issue demands and never follow through.
    Brokers have known about this deadline for some time now and if they have not bothered to "get around" to getting their diplomas completed, this is not fair on the brokers that have paid (without compensation mind you ) and completed the course in the appropriate timeframe!
    Just shows the MFAA's true soft stance on this and many other NCCP/Govt changes to our industry and not fighting for the "real" brokers of the industry!
  • Ian | 24 May 2012, 09:44 AM Agree 0
    Ridiculous, I have worked hard to get my licence and my diploma by the due dates, missing out on business along the way while a lot of so called professional brokers continue to get a free ride. Next time I won't bother trying to do the right thing!
  • Thinker | 24 May 2012, 10:07 AM Agree 0
    From memory, we were given around two years' notice to get the diploma. Most of us have taken the time out of our businesses to complete it and at our own expense. So now those who chose not to, or to leave it until the last minute, will not only get a further six months but will also get up to two-thirds of the cost subsidised by tax-payers' money.
    Hmm, seems fair enough!
    Mr Naylor states that the grant has been worked on over the last 6 months. I assume it was not possible to apply for it two years ago so all paying members could have had some benefit??
  • A Broker | 24 May 2012, 01:10 PM Agree 0
    Typical ... those of us that actually pulled our fingers out to get this done in time get squat, whereas those that are whinging and dragging their feet get a big fat subsidy to push them along! Clearly, being diligent and doing things properly is no way to survive in the mortgage industry ...
  • Christos | 24 May 2012, 01:24 PM Agree 0
    Absolutely ridiculous! So those that have looked after their diploma in time get no reward, yet those that have left it for the last minute get assistance. Just another way to support brokers that are disorganised and a let down to the industry. Well done MFAA!
  • Amy | 01 Aug 2012, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    Before directing blame toward the MFAA, how is this any different from any other industry? 20 years ago univesity education was free - I've just accumulated over $50k in HECS. (There goes my dream of saving for a home deposit!) At the end of the day, we do what we have to in order to remain educated, current and competitive professionals. Its good luck for those able to use the governments grant. For everyone else, its not the MFAAs fault for current government policy around education & training assistance.
Post a reply