Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

MFAA forms association alliance to rally Treasury on behalf of brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 20 Mar 2015, 08:46 AM Agree 0
The MFAA has partnered with three other leading associations to represent the industry as Treasury review key aspects of the SMSF sector
  • Tom | 20 Mar 2015, 09:41 AM Agree 0
    I think that all these bodies should be amalgamated permanently into one industry body not just for this one event. This would give all members a real voice to be heard. It would also create a significantly powerful lobby group.
  • Vic Regional Broker | 20 Mar 2015, 10:11 AM Agree 0
    This seems to put all these bodies in direct opposition to the FBAA'S very quick stance on the SMSF Lending issue. Seems cooler, well reasoned heads are prevailing here. One reason why I am an MFAA member and not an FBAA member.

I also cannot agree with Tom's comment, MFAA need to be a separate body representing all Mortgage and Finance brokers, our interest differ from a Financial Adviser.
  • Vic Regional Broker | 20 Mar 2015, 10:14 AM Agree 0
    This seems to put all these bodies in direct opposition to the FBAA'S very quick stance on the SMSF Lending issue . Seems cooler , well reasoned heads are prevailing here. One reason why I am an MFAA member and not an FBAA member.

I also cannot agree with Tom's comment , MFAA need to be a separate body representing all Mortgage and Finance brokers < we could see the Commercial Asset Finance brokers association merge with the MFAA but our interest differ from a Financial Adviser in so many ways.
  • Gaz | 20 Mar 2015, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    I applaud the idea of a joint voice but I can't agree with Tom's comments either. Each of these bodies advocate for issues that are specific to the activities of their members, and no single merged body could ever represent every broker with the knowledge and detail that these individual associations can bring to the table. Also note the absence of FBAA when some genuine industry insight is required.
  • Jay | 20 Mar 2015, 12:12 PM Agree 0
    @Gaz, wow you need to read more press. Peter White and the FBAA have been speaking about SMSF Lending for a long time including recently speaking directly to the Deputy Treasurer. Ill informed comments that show that level of ignorance are what damages the reputation of brokers.
  • Jay | 20 Mar 2015, 12:25 PM Agree 0
    @Gaz, wow you need to read more press. Peter White and the FBAA have been speaking about SMSF Lending for a long time including recently speaking directly to the Deputy Treasurer. Ill informed comments that show that level of ignorance are what damages the reputation of brokers.
  • Proud Member | 20 Mar 2015, 01:25 PM Agree 0
    @vic Regional Broker
    I question if you really are one of us... Us I mean a broker... If you really are a broker then why do you refer to the MFAA as "we" when commenting on CAFBA & "our" interest differ when commenting on Financial Advisors... One thinks your not a broker and actually employed by the MFAA... liar....

@ Gaz
    Do you read all of the industry news mate? They are very public with what they are doing. The FBAA are constantly infront of our countries ministers, Asic, FSI and regulators on 'real' industry needs & matters this has been in the public forums for years.

It would seem that the FBAA is the one out there protecting our industries future.

I can't see how you can say that they are absent in all of this.

It is the decades of experience & knowledge that gets the results that we all see....
  • Gaz | 20 Mar 2015, 04:49 PM Agree 0
    @Proud Member, as a matter of fact I do read industry news and thanks for asking. I suspect the difference is that I read it from a variety of sources, so I can put FBAA's view of itself in its proper context.
Post a reply