Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

MFAA hunts for alleged unethical broker

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 02 Sep 2016, 08:21 AM Agree 0
The MFAA has instigated a search to uncover the name of a mortgage broker accused of unethical conduct in a News Ltd report yesterday.
  • DW | 02 Sep 2016, 08:51 AM Agree 0
    There is so much wrong with this. No doubt this started with a property spruiker, and compounded by unethical actions by the broker and bank.
  • MT | 02 Sep 2016, 10:18 AM Agree 0
    The bank and broker probably did act unethically, but we also need remember they were asked to provide finance and not advice on the quality of the investment, the borrowers also need to make there own checks and research on the quality of the investment and stop trying to blame some one when their investment goes bad. If the customer needs advice on property or any other investment they should seek the appropriate professional to give the advice, but most people don't want to pay for advise.
  • CP | 02 Sep 2016, 11:37 AM Agree 0
    I understand what MT is saying here but I think it's missing the point for the article. In no way did the bank or broker have the best interest of the clients in mind. Common sense and understanding is not financial advice and neither is evident in this case. I wonder why Labor want a royal commission.....
Post a reply