Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

MFAA launches intensive training program for female brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 05 Jan 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Mortgage industry association launches new intensive training program specifically for female mortgage and finance brokers
  • Paul Liccione, GM Sales & Distribution, eChoice | 05 Jan 2016, 08:53 AM Agree 0
    Great initiative Siobhan. We've been working hard in this area ourselves and have been rewarded with almost 65% of our new brokers in a record breaking 6 month period being women. As successful as our initiatives have been, I welcome all additional resources which further the success of women in finance.
  • Bottom line.... | 05 Jan 2016, 10:30 AM Agree 0
    Why does it make difference to training, whether your male or female... Fills up MFAA's day/time I guess.
  • Perth Broker | 05 Jan 2016, 02:57 PM Agree 0
    What is going on here? Why is this discriminatory action permitted?

First we have Women in Mortgage Broking and now we have this rubbish - what about males do we not have any training requirements etc?

Sorry MFAA this is not on!
  • Del Wratten | 06 Jan 2016, 05:25 AM Agree 0
    As a female, I find it offensive to have "specifically for female mortgage and finance brokers" training. What are we? Stupid or something that we need special training.
  • SEQ Broker | 23 Jan 2016, 12:21 PM Agree 0
    Women are not an inferior species they are equals and in our industry and formidable competition. I see no hindrance for women in the finance industry. I have colleagues who are women whose work I admire, same said for males.

Sure Sioban, give the female members a quick pat on the back, but you are moving away from the genuine issues that face brokers and you are supposed to be our support and mouth piece. You should be trumpeting how the finance industry is already an equal opportunity employer and you should be tackling the real issues that face our industry in particular us brokers.
    1. Why is the compliance for a broker harsher than what it is for a bank.?
    2. How can a bank do a loan for my client directly when I could not because I have identified that the client simply can not afford it?
    3. How come our files are looked at by regulators but but the regulators wont look at the bank who did the loan for the above person who simply could not afford it.
    4. Why are you not asking the regulators to calm down when we are seeing a period with the lowest levels of fraud in our industry we as a country have known. Why have you not trumpeted the success of the NCCP regs and put forward that those regulations are all we need. Is it not obvious that regulators are now at a point where they are simply making work for themselves so they can keep their jobs?
    5. How is it that you dont /cant / wont get a public response from banks on why they price brokers loans as more risky than the loans they do themselves. Is it not a conflict of interest for the banks to price our loans differently - should it not be exactly the same? If not why not publish the reasons, lender by lender - let the public decide whats fair.

Sioban, I understand that it is a technique to get inside and work from within the banks to try to achieve a result for us brokers, but it works two ways, with banks on your board or acting as sponsors to the MFAA, I would suggest that they have put a lid on the MFAA and that you are being, to a degree, controlled.
Post a reply