Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

MFAA members vote for sweeping changes

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 30 Sep 2014, 12:00 PM Agree 0
The MFAA has seen its members endorse sweeping changes to its structure
  • MCC | 30 Sep 2014, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    I'm just hoping that the change is not seen as an 'exclusion' as it were, of lender & aggregator positions - the effect of which could be that MFAA loses it's 'voice' of power as a lobby group? Just trying to spark discussion.
  • Jeanine Phillips | 30 Sep 2014, 12:10 PM Agree 0
    The FBAA did this years ago....should always have financial advisors and brokers on the Board. Lenders should not be on member association Boards. They do not represent our interests. Good move.
  • Will_Perth | 30 Sep 2014, 12:14 PM Agree 0
    This change is 10 years overdue. I as well as so many other peers have already moved to the FBAA because of our lack of representation at senior levels of MFAA. Wed do not plan to move back to MFAA either.
  • Country Broker | 30 Sep 2014, 01:10 PM Agree 0
    At last , with the power to appoint , the board can bring Aggregators and lender representatives in >
    Hard to see the association losing any Lobby Power , that comes from being a representative of the whole Mortgage broking , aggregation and lending industry .

what I also like we get to see AUDITED annual accounts figures and a very comprehensive annual report , I cannot see that stopping , if anything the whole organisation will become more transparent !
  • Dohers | 30 Sep 2014, 01:36 PM Agree 0
    Why is the emphasis still on mortgages? Have people given up financing motor vehicles, plant and equipment etc.? Beats me.
  • Marty | 30 Sep 2014, 03:17 PM Agree 0
    @Mcc why don't you start your own peak body!
  • MCC | 30 Sep 2014, 03:25 PM Agree 0
    Marty,

Unfortunately I can't for three reasons:-
    1) I'm running my own business - too busy
    2) Now getting to be a full time carer these days for partner - pretty sick over last 28 years
    3) I'm quite 'mad' so internment in local asylum is imminent
Post a reply