Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

MFAA releases 'industry-first' research

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 20 Jan 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The MFAA has announced the release of ground-breaking new research which will provide industry-first benchmarks for brokers
  • | 20 Jan 2016, 08:44 AM Agree 0
    This article could have been one sentence.

MFAA in new research with 'actual data' but only to be released to those that attend a road show.

If they care about brokers just publish it online and add a link to the template so brokers can look further at their figures if they find the research as revolutionary as promised.

• Mike | 20 Jan 2016, 09:34 AM Agree 0
    I totally agree - sounds like a junket at the broker's expense. Where is the MFAA update regarding discussions with ASIC and APRA? They should focus on more immediate concerns of our industry and not racking up frequent flyer points.
  • Larz | 20 Jan 2016, 10:24 AM Agree 0
    You guys are so negative. This is good news if the stats can be used to benchmark your business against other brokers. Of course MFAA will get some initial marketing benefits from the release, it would be stupid not to and I am surprised if anyone thought otherwise.
  • Curious | 20 Jan 2016, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    Can someone tell me please who collated the The Industry Intelligence Service Report and how they gained their Data? Was this report commissioned by the MFAA or has it been written for other reasons?

I do not want to have to go to a junket if the report was internally written and not truly independently written for the better of the industry.

Before I believe in someone telling me the accuracy of something I would like to know that it was professionally investigated and that the facts and figures that they are reporting are true, correct and honest....
    • Warren | 20 Jan 2016, 12:29 PM Agree 0
      Agree. Everyone seems to come out with these things, and the results are always exactly as they wanted them. I've never been surveyed, so how big was the sample size?
  • Jake | 21 Jan 2016, 05:39 PM Agree 0
    Tend to agree with Warren here. We're a group of 20 brokers and never heard of this survey until now.
Post a reply