Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

MFAA to enforce member social media policy

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 08 Nov 2012, 06:00 AM Agree 0
The MFAA has expanded its realm of oversight into social media, with a new policy for its 11,000 members that will police professional and private interaction on all social media platforms
  • Craig Parker | 08 Nov 2012, 10:55 AM Agree 0
    My current post on FB is
    "Finance Broking can be very loanly sometimes."
    It is receiving plenty of attention. It would be sad if a comment like this does not comply.
  • Kym Dalton | 08 Nov 2012, 11:00 AM Agree 0
    A very sound move in my opinion. In my presentations I have a segment dealing with "the social butterfly effect"- as the Roman poet Horace said- "a word once uttered cannot be recalled" Social Media has a long memory- think of Energy Watch as an example of the social butterfly effect.
  • OnlineOurs | 08 Nov 2012, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    Whilst the membership is 'voluntary' in theory, yet aggregators makes it mandatory.
    So how are we able to have our own Company Policy for Social Media? What gives MFAA the right to dicate, when a company holds it's own NCCP licence.
    Free speech? I guess not!
  • Will | 08 Nov 2012, 03:08 PM Agree 0
    Here we go again. The MFAA being an autocratic undemocratic police state to those of us working in the REAL WORLD.

We don't need the MFAA anymore, we have ASIC now who is doing a good job.
  • ozboy | 09 Nov 2012, 08:09 AM Agree 0
    The bottom line MFAA won't be able to enforce this, they can't enforce their current regulations. MFAA and ASIC suffer from the same issue, too many regulations and no where near enough resources to police them. These should be called a guideline to social media and nothing more.

Don't believe me then lets see how many MFAA members on this site, who post, get a reprimand for their comments, just look at the YBR announcement thread and start there!
  • . | 09 Nov 2012, 10:53 AM Agree 0
    It is not the Aggregators that want MFAA or FBAA membership. They enforce membership to these groups because the lender panel require it.

In terms of the MFAA policy.... You have another option. Move to the FBAA !
Post a reply