Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

More than 130 brokers sign up for MFAA SMSF lending accreditation

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 16 Oct 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
More than 130 MFAA credit advisers have signed up for the association's SMSF lending accreditation program as the market sector swells
  • not so old broker | 16 Oct 2013, 10:09 AM Agree 0
    20 whole hours and I get a nationally recognised qualification. Where do I sign up - not! This is the face of cynical money grubbing, when the industry is under scrutiny for the lack of proper advice already. What were they thinking?
  • chrisc | 16 Oct 2013, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    we already hold accreditations with the Lenders for SMSF lending and have been doing these types of loans for a few years now - well not so much resi but the commercial ones that are feasible. what extra benefit will we obtain by doing a separate MFAA course and if this is completed does it replace having to sit the SMSF accreditations with each lender thereafter.
  • The Oracle | 16 Oct 2013, 10:24 AM Agree 0
    Gaze into the crystal ball...... I see Lenders needing to see the Brokers SMSF Accreditation Certificate before they will allow you to submit deals..... (remember the old days of SEQUAL & reverse mortgages.....)
  • Jay | 16 Oct 2013, 06:16 PM Agree 0
    While SMSF loans are already available, and this course would not be a pre-requisite to writing SMSF lending, I think the course is a good idea.

There is great potential in this market and it wouldn't hurt to have a better understanding of how it all works.
Post a reply