Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Mortgage broking stalwart returns to industry in CEO role

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 05 Mar 2014, 08:02 AM Agree 0
A high profile leader who left the mortgage broking industry last year has returned to take the reins of a technology company
  • Andrew Jones | 05 Mar 2014, 09:07 AM Agree 0
    More fluff from a dying business. All aggregators and other IT companies already have full lead to lodgement systems so maybe Sal should do his market research......About time outgoing CEO Jega Ragan was moved on...or is it another Pisces rising event.
  • Kon Avramidis | 05 Mar 2014, 09:26 AM Agree 0
    Congratulations Sal, and a great outcome for Infinitive.
    Look forward to once again work with you.
  • Wilko | 05 Mar 2014, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    Dying business? Not sure what financials Andrew Jones has been reading but they look fine to me. And despite the fact that everyone has a system we all know they are far from perfect so lets see what Infinitive do in the future. Viva competition.
  • oldBroker | 05 Mar 2014, 10:11 AM Agree 0
    @Andrew Jones. They are correct. All other software platforms license NextGen whereas Infinitive has the full lead-to-lodge solution.
    I, for one, will never use an aggregator-supplied software platform. Why would I want the aggregator to see all my client data? Why would I want to be locked-in to an inferior solution? Why would I want to go thru the nightmare of data exports/imports if I ever want to change aggregators? Remember: aggregator software is a solution for the aggregator not the broker.
  • David Cohen | 05 Mar 2014, 10:30 AM Agree 0
    Congratulations Sal.
    Congratulations Infinitive.
    Look forward to the positive movements forward.
  • Positive Broker | 05 Mar 2014, 10:53 AM Agree 0
    Congratulations Sal, you are one of the good guys. Good luck in the new venture.
  • StephenM | 05 Mar 2014, 10:53 AM Agree 0
    I agree with @oldbroker about aggregator software and independence, thats why I use the SymmetryCRM system as I have changed aggregators 2-3 times over the last 6-7 years and have kept all my own client data each time with no hassles. I cant see how infinitive can really come back after all the problems over the last few years, but a new CEO is a good step. I looked at their system years ago when I left AFG and their system was really substandard, so unless they have improved it alot since then, i wouldn't move from Symmetry.
  • Matt Mitchener | 05 Mar 2014, 12:23 PM Agree 0
    Congratulations Sal on the appointment, look forward to working with you.
  • Brett Spencer | 05 Mar 2014, 01:20 PM Agree 0
    Thanks for the support StephenM. As you know, we've spent alot of time and money building the industries number 1 software platform for brokers in SymmetryCRM and will continue to develop the solution even further through our partnerships will all industry players. Its the reason why we are tthe MFAA best Support Services Provider again this year and I'm hoping that Sal can improve the Infinitive lodgement gateway to a point where it is a genuine alternative to what is currently on offer in the marketplace. I look forward to working with him.
  • oldBroker | 05 Mar 2014, 01:32 PM Agree 0
    @Brett Spencer. This is a public forum discussing issues within the mortgage industry, not an advertising channel. Shame on you.
  • NotSoOldBroker | 05 Mar 2014, 02:36 PM Agree 0
    @oldbroker - why not get stuck into the aggregators who come in and bang their drum like the custom equity group owner in the VOW buy-out article? Or are you too busy with all the NCCP burdens to be a #flog all day?
  • SteveL | 05 Mar 2014, 06:09 PM Agree 0
    Congrats 5. Welcome back (Kind of) and all the very best.
  • RYMM | 09 Mar 2014, 08:18 PM Agree 0
    Very skeptical about Infinity. But we do need competition - NextGen is a joke!!!
  • James McIntyre | 10 Mar 2014, 12:34 PM Agree 0
    Sal,
    Congratulations on your appointment. Infinitive is the only end to end non aggregator platform for brokers. This is the best kept secret. I am sure you can unlock the potential in Infinitive
Post a reply