Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Mortgage industry's first industry-wide database aims to improve efficiency

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 25 Nov 2014, 07:19 AM Agree 0
A new database aims to transform the mortgage industry's methods of collecting and disseminating lender and product data by being the first industry-wide, collaborative data platform
  • Ed Ridge | 25 Nov 2014, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    This has been attempted before and could not get any traction with the lenders. I wish Mr Handbury all the best but if the last person couldn't do it with private equity firms, CBA, Challenger etc behind her, I can't see it happening. Google LPCentral and see what you get, talk about coming from behind, this is an ad for an idea nothing more at this stage.
  • Incognito | 25 Nov 2014, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    Sounds a bit like brokerpedia, which works well for me.

Maybe they should speak to each other
  • oldBroker | 25 Nov 2014, 10:55 AM Agree 0
    Link is
  • marty | 25 Nov 2014, 11:52 AM Agree 0
  • Eric Handbury | 26 Nov 2014, 10:09 AM Agree 0
    I certainly know of the fine work from brokerpedia. LPCentral is a complete change management platform, can update any internal/external system, and can have processes surrounding the product change (eg. updating documents, webpages, etc).
  • Ed Ridge | 26 Nov 2014, 02:42 PM Agree 0
    Hi Eric Handbury but where is it? Can we have a look, my aggregator has an API and I could plug into this immediately...if it's up and running. Please let us all know.
  • Eric Handbury | 26 Nov 2014, 04:24 PM Agree 0
    Hi Ed... Sure, its at There's an intro video showing how to navigate around the demo data. I'm in the process of making a video showing how the processes work to update web-pages/etc. A funder/lender could make a single change and any 3rd-party could have their docs/web/membership/etc updated automatically.
  • Ed Ridge | 27 Nov 2014, 03:22 PM Agree 0
    Hi Eric, had a look, pretty basic at this stage and can see what you are trying to achieve but as stated at the start I can't see the lenders, aggregators etc giving you this information let alone updating it and keeping it up to date in a timely manner. I wish you all the very best with this but pretty certain you are pushing "it" uphill with a rake. Good luck.
  • Andrew Edwards | 28 Nov 2014, 08:27 AM Agree 0
    I never trust sites like Brokerpedia. In my opinion this is why we have BDM's. Call them, have all the details of the scenario ready and most BDM's (the good ones anyway) will tell you if they can do the deal or will at least look at it.

I also like mortgage managers like BMM for example who know products backwards and will know where to place a deal outside the square.
  • Papery | 28 Nov 2014, 10:02 AM Agree 0
    Brokererpedia is not bad & has improved a lot over the last couple of years.

Its a good place to start & usually links you straight back to the Lenders documented credit/product policy.

IF I'm going to rely on the advice of a BDM for something a little outside the square, then I want it in writing so I'll send the scenario via email so I can quote the response chapter & verse if I get into a tussle with Credit once the deal is lodged.
  • Eric Handbury | 04 Dec 2014, 06:03 PM Agree 0
    I've added a video on processes. Please go to to see something very neat.
Post a reply