Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Mortgage software companies snapped up in 'rare opportunity'

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 05 Jun 2014, 04:00 AM Agree 0
Australia’s largest financial services software group has acquired two mortgage software companies in one fell swoop for $22.4 million upfront
  • iMac | 05 Jun 2014, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    Lets hope Rubik can improve Stargate. I have I've Never worked with a bigger balls up waste of time software in my life. It is utterly useless. I wouldn't mind paying for software that was vaguely useful, but Stargate is useless. In fact its less than useless. I actually uses more of my time and achieves nothing. And I have to pay for it each month. I certainly wouldn't touch it if I wasn't forced to by my aggregator. I side step it at every possible opportunity. Lets hope Rubik scrap Stargate and go with Infinative, it is Far superior. Its Not great, just superior, and at least it is useable.
  • jimmy | 05 Jun 2014, 11:10 AM Agree 0
    We recently ditched all our user accounts (11+) from symmetrycrm, keeping only one for trailing commission payments to brokers. We have had a subscription with them for over 6 years.

In this day and age its an absolute farce that it still cannot be used on ANY mobile device (iOS, Android, WinMo) and they even recommended clients not to use Google Chrome as they have significant memory leaks with this browser.

Oh, they charge a $250 setup fee per user to input a name and generate a password. 'Cloud enabled' my rear end.
  • James | 05 Jun 2014, 12:02 PM Agree 0
    Wow...well done to Brett and his Team. I dont know what Jimmy & iMac have been smoking but I for one can tell you that the software I use from Stargate and the Symmetry CRM in particular is absolutely awesome. It sounds likes these 2 are computer illiterates who have unrealistic expectations.... Ive been using it for 5-6 years now and when I moved aggregators 2 years ago I specifically wanted one that used Symmetry as their CRM. Way to go guys and cant wait to see more awesome stuff from you.
  • Justin Ray | 05 Jun 2014, 03:04 PM Agree 0
    Congratulations to Brett, Scott, Jason and the team, a great result.
  • jimmy | 05 Jun 2014, 04:19 PM Agree 0
    Hi James, I dont smoke but thanks for asking.

Bit dumb when you say "computer illiterates", when I'm explicitly asking about cross platform/cross browser support.

Only a "computer illiterate" would still run the Internet Explorer...
  • Cameron | 06 Jun 2014, 10:17 AM Agree 0
    JUST FIX SYMMETRY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • iMac | 06 Jun 2014, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    It does seem strange that everybody is computer illiterate, except james of course. 'onya james, you're my hero, not. To spring to the defense of the indefensible, as you did, confirms you are on the design team. And proves the point that computer 'dudes' don't deal with reality. And in that way are computer 'duds'. By your comments you have quite obviously Not tried other broker software on the market, all of which is better resolved and superior in every single way.
Post a reply