Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

NAB grasping for bigger mortgage market share

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 16 Sep 2013, 06:00 AM Agree 0
NAB is currently the nation's fastest growing mortgage lender, but the big bank is not yet satisfied with its share of the home loan market
  • Brett | 16 Sep 2013, 09:29 AM Agree 0
    NAB??
    There is more to building a relationship than simply offering a great rate!
    How about offering a great BDM who is proactive rather than reactive to assisting us in everyday work product and how we can build our business.
  • Papery | 16 Sep 2013, 10:38 AM Agree 0
    I expect this relates to the total mortgage brand & base....HSL, Ubank, Advantedge Group, as well as NAB
  • Lorenzo | 16 Sep 2013, 12:13 PM Agree 0
    I'm very unhappy with the NAB's strategy. I've lost 4 existing loans to U Bank refinances. In all cases the clients have come to me and asked if I can come close to the 4.62% variable rate as they would prefer to continue with my company.
  • JB | 16 Sep 2013, 05:34 PM Agree 0
    Typically, NAB fell so far behind that they were prepared to temporarily undercut until it boosted market share. Now prepared to sit back with the rest, no longer as competitive. Time for another one to break ranks???? Yes, I'm looking at you Westpac. You are not getting your share!
  • Monty of Perth | 16 Sep 2013, 06:02 PM Agree 0
    As is the case so often, rate isn't always the major issue.
    Once upon a time NAB could win business just because of it's brand reputation. Unfortunately that too has gone. Too many brands in the market and not one that appeals.
  • SA | 16 Sep 2013, 06:17 PM Agree 0
    I recently had one client who had default in less than two years, tight on servicing and overall loan wasn't suitable for them, but they went to the newtown branch and they accepted this couple. They are simply accepting any loans.

And as more and more customers searching online we are loosing some businesses to ubank and their rubbish rates.
Post a reply