Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

New broker franchise promises digital revolution

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 11 Sep 2015, 07:30 AM Agree 0
A leading aggregator's new retail broking franchise promises a digital revolution for those brokers who come on board
  • Jason | 11 Sep 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
    Simply sounds like that Connective can't make a buck and they are trying to go down the Aussie/Mortgage choice branded route, which took them a lot of years and would've cost a fortune.

Be careful not to lose the brokers on the ground from your aggregator heartland, whilst you build the online channel which may wipe us out!
  • John | 11 Sep 2015, 09:34 AM Agree 0
    I disagree. I think Connective have hit the nail on the head. Online integration and lead development is the way to go.
  • Harold Spencer | 11 Sep 2015, 12:58 PM Agree 0
    I hope Mr Heavey is right however Connective don't have a strong or robust IT platform at the moment so it is hard to see this NEW strategy coming off as they hope. Mercury 5 has been in Beta for over 18 months and with a list of 20+ fixes just the other day it has a long way to go. They have had to outsource their qualifier as the internal team can't handle it and they need to invest in their back end as all Mercury users will tell you that it is so slow, couple that with a help desk that has one of my queries still waiting for an update 3 weeks after lodgement and you can see there are some issues already without something new. Oh and if you have a help desk issue sent to "the developers" that's code for black hole as you will never ever hear again. As I said at the start all the best but I feel you could be pushing it uphill with a rake.
  • Andrew | 12 Sep 2015, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    This is what happens when Macquarie gets on board. They need to ramp up their investment.
  • Charliex | 06 Oct 2015, 08:06 PM Agree 0
    Will it kill the independent brokers currently with Connective or create more conflicts of interest between these camps? Why not just follow the franchise model, this new quasi model is questionable. The better strategy would be to improve its existing model with its existing independent brokers by providing these new supports to them? If I'm on the maximizer split, why will I want to go to a much lower split for me? See it from the broker's POV?
Post a reply