Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

New brokerage lodges $60 million in one month 'thanks to real estate agent partnership'

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 04 Sep 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
A brokerage group launched in February this year lodged over $60 million in home loan applications last month - and says its success is due, in part, to a strong partnership with a real estate agency
  • Dean | 04 Sep 2013, 09:25 AM Agree 0
    Lodgements are great but what did they actually SETTLE???
  • Craig Dres - Alliance | 04 Sep 2013, 09:40 AM Agree 0
    Well done Theo!
  • MCC | 04 Sep 2013, 09:45 AM Agree 0
    In house relationship will work well because the operation becomes seamless. The only issue I have is more from the point of the 'chinese wall' position. Estate agents are very driven by the transactional sales culture & constantly wrestle with who's interests they really act on behalf of (vendor, self, purchaser etc). The industry is not heavily regulated. Whereas the mortgage broking industry is moving more towards fiduciary duty of care via legislative change. Therefore this internal conflict could bring such alliances unstuck?
  • Coast Broker | 04 Sep 2013, 09:48 AM Agree 0
    Agree with Dean
  • Alex | 04 Sep 2013, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    Well said MCC, I can also see the potential danger these close relationships might manifest.
  • Louis | 04 Sep 2013, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    Great to see and well done!
    If there is any conflict of interest, it only needs to be disclosed.
  • mac | 04 Sep 2013, 04:14 PM Agree 0
    very impressive numbers for 5 or 6 writers even if they aren't all real deals.
  • Karen | 04 Sep 2013, 06:31 PM Agree 0
    Need a great New broker?
Post a reply