Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

​New lender to break bank ‘stranglehold’

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 10 Feb 2014, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The newest entrant into the Australian commercial lending market has vowed to ramp up competition in the sector and give brokers better alternatives.
  • MCC | 10 Feb 2014, 09:39 AM Agree 0
    Thats fine Martin but obviously your focus on 'commercial property investment' backed by super & pension funds will also mean its got to be aimed at high grade / low risk lending out the other side. Commercial brokers deal with a large diversified base inclusive of a big component of SME's. They require strong 'cash flow' lending support & are always chasing capital. I dont see CBRE playing in that space but correct me if im wrong?
  • Tony Crook | 10 Feb 2014, 09:41 AM Agree 0
    I wonder how they will approach valuations in SE Qld
  • MCC | 10 Feb 2014, 09:46 AM Agree 0

Yes thats quite true but I think investment anywhere in OZ in any commercial bricks & mortar these days, is alot more difficult for the bankers to assess - quality long term tenants can be hard to find because there are no industries immune from the vagaries of global commerce.
  • Keith of the West | 10 Feb 2014, 10:11 AM Agree 0
    I have heard this story many times before and it always ends up the same!.

Faded into the sunset in a blaze of glory (not) never to be seen or heard of again!
Post a reply