Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

No cull from Diploma deadline: MFAA

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 31 Jan 2012, 05:00 AM Agree 0
An impending Diploma deadline is not predicted to result in a drastic decrease in the MFAA's membership
  • david kompes | 09 Feb 2012, 01:51 PM Agree 0

I have hit the wall with this vexatious, poorly thought out MFAA requirement.

Can anyone explain to me what I will learn in the upgrade unit required to obtain the Diploma of Mortgage Broking? I am a Financial Planner with a Certificate 4 in Lending and 8 plus years of continuous Broking Experience.

If ostensibly the objective is to raise professionalism, then surely you would understand that anyone who has 8 years experience and is also a Financial Planner will offer clients a comprehensive level of expertise not even in the scope of the Diploma of Mortgage Broking; the detail of which redefines the meaning of shallow.

Can the MFAA disclose, as we do to our clients, the kick backs they expect to receive from all these training bodies directly or indirectly?

Post a reply