Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Non-bank slashes fixed rates

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 06 Mar 2015, 08:07 AM Agree 0
A non-bank lender has announced fixed rate cuts across a range of its home loan products
  • MCC | 06 Mar 2015, 09:24 AM Agree 0
    Kim, There are even stronger rates , 30 basis points below these for 'premium customers' through alternative sources. We can argue on 'price' until the cows come home. More importantly whats your (UVP) Unique Value Proposition? Dear Aust. Broker - Can we consider important news v advertorial info please?
  • BROKER WA | 06 Mar 2015, 10:41 AM Agree 0
    Why don't you offer the same rates as you do for direct clients via to brokers to retail?
  • JB | 06 Mar 2015, 11:20 AM Agree 0
    Kim, are you still predicting an end to broker trail in the next 2 years? Or was that just on your wishlist?
  • Michael Kent | 06 Mar 2015, 11:25 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Broker WA. I refuse to do anything with First Mac when they are the reason I lose business to

Stupid business model IMO. Let's compete AGAINST brokers by offering the lowest variable on the market direct to the public and then expect the same brokers to flood us with applications for our other products. Yeah right!!
  • Both Teams | 07 Mar 2015, 10:33 PM Agree 0
    As an observer, and goggling, understand the broker questions. The consumer has access to more information then ever before, yet the broker % of new mortgages moves north of 50%.

It's all about the experience, people want to deal with people. They want to know how $100 per month helps them own their home a couple of years earlier.

If put a 4% headline rate out there, would the banks share price fall?

Why does this not happen? Who is your customer... I think that is a better question.
Post a reply