Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Non-bank unveils consumer campaign, opportunities for brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 21 May 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
A non-bank lender has launched a new consumer directed campaign aimed at educating consumers and promoting brokers
  • Spring-A | 21 May 2015, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    Where would one find this 'Absolutely Positively' campaign wherein Pepper says it is "an exciting opportunity to educate borrowers and promote brokers"? It's not on Pepper's website and their Facebook page just promotes winning tickets to a football match.

Can one assume that this 'campaign' is a reaction to my post yesterday regarding white labeling and misleading and deceptive conduct?

While you are developing your education campaign Pepper, you might want to educate borrowers as to the meanings of words like "non-bank Lender' / Mortgage Manager / Trustee / Originator / non-ADI / Trust Manager / Master Servicer, Lender, Credit Provider,who these persons are in your lending model, and which party is an agent of who.

ASIC's money smart website attempts to educate borrowers by suggesting that they 'know who their lender is'.

When Companies like Pepper (inter alia) state that they are non-bank Lenders it creates confusion and may mislead borrowers.

I look forward to reading the information that Pepper includes in their''Absolutely Positively' campaign.

Hopefully it won't take them long to launch it!
Post a reply