Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Non-major lender withdraws 'service guarantee'

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 01 Dec 2014, 08:00 AM Agree 0
A non-major lender has made the decision to withdraw its “service guarantee” due to the substantial increase in the volume of lodgements
  • Alex | 01 Dec 2014, 09:38 AM Agree 0
    Not really transparent, told by BDM and by Suncorp Bank emails that they had a 4 day turnaround, 3 days in I'm then told that the turnaround has gone to 6 days and that my file is in the 6 day cue? On Friday, I was told I'll have a response on Monday. Nothing, I'm on 8 days now. I know I'm to blame, I should have been stronger with the client and more insistent that for purchasers in November and December there were better options.
  • HEM | 01 Dec 2014, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    Come on Suncorp. You have been doing this for years. Make an offer to the market and then have no staff to cope with the volumes. The Broker support area cops all of the flack. How could you let the timing blow out to 6 days for first look at the file before doing something about it. You will have to do better than that if you want to be a big player in the market.
  • Andrew Edwards | 01 Dec 2014, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    I agree with the other comments here, simply not good enough.

Why have such a great offering if you're not prepared to cope with the volume? You are destroying your relationship with the broker channel.

The only time I use Suncorp is when they have these specials. When they stop so do my submissions.
  • Broker | 01 Dec 2014, 11:20 AM Agree 0
    Amateur hour once again at Suncorp. Their credit area is difficult enough to deal without these predictable (not to them though!) blowout in service times.

Did they expect to NOT increase volumes? But that’s not all folks – just wait till you deal with their settlement agent FMS (aka Perpetual) they are even worse - hand delivered docs still missing in action 5 business days later.

I have since found out that all VIC settlements are being sent to QLD due to overload at FMS, the mind boggles.
  • Papery | 01 Dec 2014, 11:41 AM Agree 0
    Agree... Most Lenders have got turn around down to a couple of days (Because the broker is doing all the work incl. upfront vals, loading the supp docs etc). IF the pre-credit (the show stopping team) phoned you to resolve simple issues that can be dealt within 30 sec, instead of emailing & then dumping the file at the back of the queue again, it would be a better experience for everyone. Yes Suncorp, once this promo is done you may not see another of my deals either.
  • Broker | 01 Dec 2014, 12:46 PM Agree 0
    Any other industry other than banking that offered this level of service wouldn't be in business.
  • marty | 01 Dec 2014, 02:56 PM Agree 0
    ohh dear.
  • Steve | 01 Dec 2014, 09:47 PM Agree 0
    I have an email from Suncorp blaming the weekends on them not being able to meet a 14 day finance clause. Go figure.
Post a reply