Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Non-major plans to increase broker market push after growth in home lending

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 10 Oct 2014, 07:59 AM Agree 0
A non-major has said it will increase its reliance on brokers after reporting a positive result in home lending
  • Clarke Kent | 10 Oct 2014, 09:31 AM Agree 0
    But wait all those years ago Bank of Qld were going to grow through organically!

How the worm has turned!
  • Steve McClure | 10 Oct 2014, 09:55 AM Agree 0
    It's one of the great lessons. BOQ dropped brokers, chased direct channels & became the only Australian bank to record a loss. They came back into the broker market which has over 50% of the market. Result is now a profit & congrats to BOQ for doing so.

However, from here on, it won't be just whether you are in the broker space, but distribution efficiency that will determine success.
  • Lois Lane | 10 Oct 2014, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    I remember well BOQ saying they didnt need brokers. They are all slowly crawling back and realising what our industry has known for years. Brokers do a better job.
  • Lou Scarano | 10 Oct 2014, 11:50 AM Agree 0
    "BOQ" is the sound my throat makes when anyone mentions this bank (that doesn't need me and my peers).... well... I didn't miss you and wont need you BOQ!
  • marty | 10 Oct 2014, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    and we are cheaper
Post a reply