Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

​Non-majors hit back at lack of innovation claims

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 03 Feb 2014, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Second-tier banks have refuted claims from brokers that there is a lack of flexibility and product innovation amongst the non-majors.
  • Patrick | 03 Feb 2014, 09:25 AM Agree 0
    I exclusively use non-majors as offerring someone something they can get from a local branch does not seem to add value. The small amount of business that I cannot write is not significant. I get competitive rates, lower fees, more flexibility for ongoing management of loan facilities and I do not have to worry about branches poaching my clients.
  • At street level | 03 Feb 2014, 12:23 PM Agree 0
    I use a mix. but have noticed a lot of the 2nd tier lenders have seemingly wound back much of their product differential. I now find I'm starting to use the majors more; as very few 2nd tier lenders offer a difference in the full doc range; and their paperwork seems now be more than the majors
  • Country Broker | 03 Feb 2014, 03:55 PM Agree 0
    I will use a non major where can , BUT LMI premiums ARE NOT consistent across the lenders , as a user of a very good Aggregator programme , we can compare and there is a marked difference in premiums contrary to the assertion in the article.
    Credit policy is another IE QBE will not do a property without town water , Genworth will do one, and so on . We need MORE competition in the LMI offering and a stop to differential premium pricing between lenders, at the moment the LMI underwriters are simply have a detrimental effect on the whole Home lending market.
Post a reply