Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Off the cuff: Kathy Cummings

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 27 Apr 2009, 12:00 AM Agree 0
CBA's top mortgage boss told Australian Broker about her days as a taxi driver and a few things more...
  • SHIRLEY | 30 Apr 2009, 05:11 PM Agree 0
  • Rudi Botha | 04 May 2009, 03:08 PM Agree 0
    you have been one of the pioneers of Mortgage Broking in Oz, and I follow your career with great interest. Not everybody realizes what challenges people like you face, both from inside the bank and from the Broker fraternity. Keep up the hard work, till we meet again, Greetings from a very difficult Mortgage market in South Africa
  • OzBoy | 05 May 2009, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    Rudi if you knew our industry then you would know that Ms Cummings is far from a pioneer. She and CBA were late to embrace brokers and before joining us she actively talked down our involvement, credibility and knowledge. Stick to South Africa where I am sure you are more knowledgeable.
  • James | 10 May 2009, 04:58 PM Agree 0
    I don't normally read these blogs however have been steered toward them lately to check out some of its contents and enough is enough.

Many of these blogs just aren't solution orientated or constructive and but a selfish venting from nameless people who probably have spent their lives never actually brave enough to stand up and be counted. This stream of blogs is particularly notable for the very stupid and immature "personal" comments in which are being made to a senior member of our industry.

SURE, everyone has an opinion and must be allowed to appropriately express them as business is not a popularity contest however at least be professional (and brave) enough to attach your full NAME and DETAILS to your comments, otherwise just don't write them or move to a country (or industry) where the anonymity to make such defamatory personal comments is acceptable.

"Get a new mother"? Tom, if you do have some sort of value system, think about what you have just said. I can only presume that this wouldn't be your real name however you must be a cave dweller to make these sorts of moronic comments to ANYONE about their family! I would suggest that all our lives could only be enriched by actually NEVER meeting someone such as yourself and I am embarrassed that you may be a member of our professional industry...

• James | 10 May 2009, 05:10 PM Agree 0
    Oh. And I forgot to put my full name and details:

Director- Aussie Home Loans and current MFAA President
    Level 23, 363 George Street, SYDNEY
    My direct office number: (02) 8297 0330

Am proud to be part of our industry and look forward to giving any credibility to those comments who will actually be brave enough to put their own contact details to them as well. Thank you!

• John | 10 May 2009, 05:55 PM Agree 0
    How can we be sure as to the veracity of the indentity of the previous comment. This site is faceless and opne to misrepresentation
  • Rebuttal | 10 May 2009, 06:39 PM Agree 0
    I am impressed James defends one of the managers of his companies principal shareholders that has contributed to the reduction of commissions to brokers (professionals) in our industries. Congratulations
  • Pam | 10 May 2009, 09:33 PM Agree 0

How brave you guys are still wanting to remain anonymous to Mr Symonds insightful comments.
  • Paul Gollan | 11 May 2009, 08:46 AM Agree 0
    I confer with James in relation to Tom's comment which was insensative and indeed moronic!!! Perhaps Key Media should trace his IP address and publish his name.

When CBA purchased Colonial earlier in the decade it was Kathy Cummings, who then headed the Colonial Broker Unit who dragged CBA into the broker space. So Ozboy your assertion is historically and factually incorrect, as Kathy had already embraced brokers long before CBA.

It is hard to fault CBA's achievements over the past 8 years given they were the last of the four majors to embrace brokers. As someone who has been involved in the mortgage broking industry since 1994 our industry is all the better with CBA involved. (Aussie was also a late starter weren't they James but great to see they also choose to join the broker space?)

Kathy has demonstrated a passion and commitment to lifting the level of professionalism in the broker industry and I expect her focus on quality benchmarks such as electronic submission, application quality and conversion ratios proved a challenge for some brokers & aggregators.

A drive for excellence is rarely popular.

Paul Gollan
    Australian Mortgage Brokers

• James Veigli | 11 May 2009, 10:41 AM Agree 0
    I agree with James Symond - you mirrored my thoughts exactly!

This Forum is a great place to keep in touch with the latest industry news, but sadly has become a venting place for anonymous brokers to whinge.

Here's a tip for the whingers - stop wasting time on here posting slanderous comments... and instead use your time to improve your situation, your business and the industry as a whole.

If you do invest the time to read this Forum and make comments - be constructive and propose solutions, that's the only way things will improve.

I'm 100% committed to doing my bit... now do yours!

Australia's Millionaire Lifestyle Broker Trainer
    & Performance Mentor
  • nonthebroker | 11 May 2009, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    I'm disgusted with the comments against Kathy Cummings, there were more then below the belt. It was horrid and cold hearted, she deserves alot more than that.
    I believe with this article etc, that I have now a understanding about this strong will powered women and I thank her for sharing an insight of her life, Good on you Kathy, you must feel truly blessed to have an angel by your side, your proud mother..

I would leave my name but I am no longer in the Industry, I wonder why??
  • Larry Schlesinger | 11 May 2009, 03:03 PM Agree 0
    Brokernews strongly condemns any unfounded personal attacks. Although this is an unmoderated forum (and we welcome contributions from readers), we ask that you please report any offensive comments by clicking on the "Report this comment" button and we will remove them from the site.

Larry Schlesinger
    Editor, Brokernews
  • Justin Ray | 11 May 2009, 06:22 PM Agree 0
    Hi James Veigli How are things going
Post a reply