Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Online reviews branded a broker 'weapon'

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 06 Sep 2012, 08:30 AM Agree 0
Online consumer reviews must be embraced, not feared, claims a major brokerage
  • Jeff Royle | 06 Sep 2012, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    Totally agree and as I have more reviews than any other Broker in New Zealand I know it all works.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=316793798
  • Chris Thomas | 06 Sep 2012, 12:41 PM Agree 0
    We are finding brokerage clients are in 'Gold Rush' mode in becoming trusted advisers in these online communities. If you have access to a product like radian6 you can quickly identify spikes in conversation, real time, multiple times a day resulting in leads and increases brand awareness.
  • James Markwick | 06 Sep 2012, 12:57 PM Agree 0
    I agree with the intention however I thought it quite funny at the end of the article where Sam White says "the brokerage will be embracing these sites in the next 3-5 years." Surely by the time this comes around, the market would have moved! The whole point is that it needs to be done now or forget it. Can you afford to ignore your brand buzz?

I manage social media for a large online broker in Australia and the UK and know that reviews are big deal when it comes to the Social Feedback Cycle. As mentioned above, your clients are talking about your brand and you have to react to this by listening to what is being buzzed about. Online consumers are entering a 4 stage engagement process with brands being; consumption, curation, creation and finally collaboration, and you need to be attuned to what is being talked about. This process can either compliment your traditional branding strategy or completely destroy it (look at Qantas)!

Re Yelp! Everyone needs to get on this now as it is going to be the preferred map provider for the new iPhone.
Post a reply