Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Partnering with real estate agents can be more than just a referral source

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 02 Dec 2014, 08:21 AM Agree 0
Brokers and real estate agents may be at different ends of the property transaction, but both parties have plenty to benefit from joining forces
  • Freddy | 02 Dec 2014, 08:59 AM Agree 0
    No mention of the only thing that real estate agents are actually interested in - property listings. Brokers are in la la land if they think a few hundred bucks back to the agent or the classic "good service" is enough to get their interest.

What a surprise that a Ray White agent is talking up the association with Loan market brokers.
  • Kym | 02 Dec 2014, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    My experience in broker/agent relationships is that me as a broker can provide more opportunities for them than they can provide for me. I have never paid a referral fee to an agent or accepted a referral fee from them - they are happy to accept listings but they do get a bit slack on the loan referrals. Raywhite/Loan Market relationship is unhealthy - if you don't think the agent is being told information that they shouldn't be regarding the clients financial position by the Ray White broker your dreaming.
  • Missing Rhonda | 13 Feb 2016, 12:24 PM Agree 0
    "If you don't think the agent is being told information that they shouldn't be regarding the clients financial position by the Ray White broker your dreaming."

My experience as a buyer: I had a Loan Market broker. I was purchasing a property from a Ray White selling agent. The Ray White agent gave the Loan Market broker my number and told her to call me. I found out after the sale that the purchase was unlawful. So my question is... Did the Ray White vendor's agent tell my broker from Loan Market (a branch of Ray White) that the property was unlawful. In whose interest was the agent acting by recruiting the broker on behalf of the buyer, and whose interest was the broker acting if she knew the property was unlawful and put the loan through anyways :(
Post a reply