Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Perth brokers banned for $315,000 fraud

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 21 Jul 2015, 08:17 AM Agree 0
ASIC has permanently banned two Perth-based finance brokers for committing motor vehicle finance fraud worth over $315,000
  • Regional Broker | 21 Jul 2015, 09:28 AM Agree 0
    This is why ALL Business Manager / F & I Managers at car dealers must come under NCCP rules and regulations !!!
  • Kym | 21 Jul 2015, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    Dodgey car yard finance people your kidding me!!!!
  • Credit Advisor | 21 Jul 2015, 10:43 AM Agree 0
    What about the Company?? Were they also penalised???? They are ultimately responsible for staff!!!
  • J | 23 Jul 2015, 01:58 PM Agree 0
    Kym - They are a a broker, not car yard finance staff. Having said that, theyre owned by John Hughes Group

Regional Broker - BMs/F&I Managers are governed by NCCP the same as everyone else. Again, they were brokers though,......

• Business Manager | 23 Jul 2015, 03:37 PM Agree 0
    we are not all dodgy and shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush. Most of us do our jobs within the rules and are actually trying to help people.

The company and dealership should be punished - they would have known what was going on. You can't hide all of that.

This gives the rest of us that do the right thing a bad name and makes our jobs harder.
  • Business Manager | 23 Jul 2015, 03:38 PM Agree 0
    The company and dealership should be punished - they would have known what was going on. You can't hide all of that.

This gives the rest of us that do the right thing a bad name and makes our jobs harder.
Post a reply