Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Poll: Is independence important to you?

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 05 Apr 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The aggregator battle of independence rhetoric is on - but is independence a serious consideration in your choice of aggregator?
  • Broker Tony | 27 Mar 2012, 02:12 PM Agree 0
    I am with Connective and do value independence. However from what I have seen the NAB owned aggregators are also left alone to do their thing and would be regarded as independent. I would have an issue if a bank started using ownership of an aggregator as a way to 'influence' brokers into pushing more business their way unless of course they had a genuinely competitive offering that was worth supporting on it's own merits.
  • Tom | 27 Mar 2012, 03:47 PM Agree 0
    I am now with AFG and except for not having an avenue to top up my business with leads like a branded broker, am pretty happy. I know that a bank owns a share of AFG however we have never been asked to push their products. Think the whole bank ownerhip piece having an effect on where you place your customers is being blown way out of proportion for all groups and seems just a "tit for tat" slanging match to stir the pot.
  • ozboy | 28 Mar 2012, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    Move on nothing here to see. What a beat up, don't care who owns it, it's all about the management and service.
  • Lynne Cox | 28 Mar 2012, 12:06 PM Agree 0
    The BIG Banks just keep herding us into paddocks that suit them.
  • Country Broker | 03 Apr 2012, 03:39 PM Agree 0
    What a beat up I am in a bank owned aggregator and have my own licence , I AM independant as I run my own business, have my own licence and if my aggregator(who I am very happy with) upsets me I can move and they know that. Is this Independance ? YES
  • PeterT | 04 Apr 2012, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    I'm with a bank owned aggregator and I hold my own license. I've never been influenced to put business with that bank. I also pay for independant software. For the most part my aggregator pays me reguarly and that's about it.
    I consider myself more independant that a credit rep with a privately owned aggregator or a franchise.
  • sidbroker | 04 Apr 2012, 02:41 PM Agree 0
    I am with FAST. They have not tried to influence me one way or the other. I don`t think any aggregator would be silly enough to try that one on.
Post a reply