Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Poverty line no barrier for Aussie banks

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 19 Apr 2011, 05:15 AM Agree 0
Australian banks are too lax in their lending standards, a Bank of America-Merrill Lynch report has claimed
  • Rod Fry | 19 Apr 2011, 12:42 PM Agree 0
    I don't think Bank of America is in a position to comment. People who live in glass houses shouldn;t throw stones. They should clean up their own backyard, the Us is in a total mess from their lending criteria.
  • Paul Eldridge | 19 Apr 2011, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    Are they kidding? It was American greed and incompetence which was the catalyst for the GFC. The US is so far in debt that it will take generations to recover from and they have the hide to comment on Australian lending policy. I don't know what is worse, the seemingly ignorant analysts or the Australian press giving voice to incompetent Americans
  • Ken Bruns | 19 Apr 2011, 01:40 PM Agree 0
    The Bank of America-Merill Lynch?? They have an adverse opinion about OUR banking? They have more front than Myers. If the USA had our banking and regulatory system THEY wouldn't be in the mess they're in now...and now they can't even run a good mortgagee in posession system. Please spare me their opinions in the future!
Post a reply