Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Public trusts banks more than brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 27 May 2014, 08:06 AM Agree 0
A secret survey by Macquarie Group reportedly shows the public are more trusting of major lenders than mortgage brokers and more than a quarter would not use a broker again
  • John Broker | 27 May 2014, 09:19 AM Agree 0
    The headlines should have been shouting "54% of people surveyed don't trust the major banks" or "61% of people surveyed trust brokers"!
    I think that makes better reading.
  • Tony Broker | 27 May 2014, 09:31 AM Agree 0
    Who released that report to AFR ??
  • MCC | 27 May 2014, 09:39 AM Agree 0
    Would like to have seen the survey break up of metro v regional. I think that might have shown some interesting results.
  • Dave Robinson | 27 May 2014, 09:40 AM Agree 0
    400 families, secret, leaked to the AFR. Sounds like gossip not news.
  • peter | 27 May 2014, 10:28 AM Agree 0
    you could read anything in this article / survey/ slow news day
  • Broker | 27 May 2014, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    They probably surveyed their own customers who had been placed there by a broker. Not surprising they would blame their bad experience with the lender on their broker. I wouldnt use them again ever.
  • Natalie Broker | 27 May 2014, 12:24 PM Agree 0
    Why make it a 'secret' survey? Is the bank trying to keep something a secret from the general public? Or Brokers? This leads me to believe that this lender is trying to sway opinion by secretly surveying! By the way how can you have a secret survey when you actually have to ask people for their opinion? If surveying your own clients, they would be biased towards you the lender! All in all not a very pleasant relationship with your broker network if you as a lender want to use a survey as evidence that brokers are not trust worthy. As each lender would know clients circumstance can be unique and certainly when clients don't get want or expect usually due to lenders Policy, this could certainly lead to dismay, however best lending practices are always the bottom line for a Broker such as myself with the best interest of the client. I have taken less in commissions and no trail in in the first year because it was the best loan and lender for the client! I would review the secretive part in an article its segregating and suggestive and could be considered discrimination of Brokers!
  • Judy West | 27 May 2014, 01:53 PM Agree 0
    Certainly not been my experience! Hard to find a single customer who actually TRUSTS a major bank.

Think you got this one wrong Big Mac!
  • Trish Broker | 27 May 2014, 06:52 PM Agree 0
    An article to feather their own nests it seems. Don't forget what happened to Bank of Qld ...
  • chrisc | 29 May 2014, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    Don't worry guys; this one is the only survey we have been told about in at least 3 years where Banks are trusted more than Brokers. true or not, macquarie has a marketing plan now to grow its book and seems it will do and say anything to get there. Remember what they did to Brokers and Customers when they were hit by the GFC.
  • Ray Broker | 29 May 2014, 12:20 PM Agree 0
    I'm becoming more unsure about the relationships between Industry Associations this type of media and sponsors and advertisers. You pay the $ and we will print &/or support you. Perhaps a story about Brokers education requirements and Bank Officers requirements. 100% of MFAA Brokers hold a Diploma, what % of bankers have a qualification. I'm sure that MFAA and this media would not like to show their sponsors/advertisers staff in a bad light.
    How about a positive spin on a story about brokers for a change
  • Hmmmm..... | 30 May 2014, 10:26 AM Agree 0
    This is intersting....and we havent been given too much about the survey sample....but today there is an article about how big (& succussful) Aussie is....maybe the survey result is a reflection of how consumers feel after being through the Aussie experience?
Post a reply