Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

RAMS one month behind on deals

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 06 Apr 2009, 09:00 AM Agree 0
The mortgage processing crisis currently crippling brokers appears to be getting worse after a RAMS BDM revealed they are a full month behind on assessing deals.

• RAMS milk the brokers | 07 Apr 2009, 01:52 AM Agree 0
    It doesn't surprise me the least. Their BDM never returned a single call in the number of months since he got the job at RAMS and that's before they were a month behind.

RAMS is trying to make money from the broker market on a shoestring. What's wrong with employing staff and actual investment?

Are they hoping that brokers remember the good old days when they were picking RAMS as the broker's choice?
  • Frustrated Broker | 07 Apr 2009, 01:00 PM Agree 0
    Besides the frustration of having a deal in with RAMS since 24th February for a Conditional Approval only (still no approval on the 7th April!), no one will reply to an email, fax or phone call. A little bit of courtesy might at least keep brokers on side. Now that RAMS have dropped their 100% product, there is really no need to use them at all. Make hay while the sun shines RAMS!
  • Brad Oliver | 07 Apr 2009, 01:22 PM Agree 0
    Have had a $1.million refinance application with RAMS since March 10th and they haven't even looked at the file yet!
  • Rosa Bellissimo | 07 Apr 2009, 02:28 PM Agree 0
    I'm not sure why they bother having BDM my never returns call or emails, then if she does it is with contempt. NNo help whatsoever. a note was sent out to brokers to state that there would be priority to buyers though that hasn't happened it is now 5 weeks SLA your kidding, though St george rate second to that at the moment with 20 days- Brokers don't stand a chance if at the branch answered within 3 days Oh boy!!!
  • peter thompson | 07 Apr 2009, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    dont have a problem with BDM Gold Coast/Northern NSW she is always available however 1 month behind try 5-6 weeks just to have someone acknowledge that they have the file in the system
  • SA Broker | 07 Apr 2009, 04:44 PM Agree 0
    Can someone please explain to me what BDM stands for in RAMS job description template - certainly doesn't stand for Business Development Manager! Could think of something else it could stand for though!
  • SA Broker | 07 May 2009, 02:19 PM Agree 0
    I have never had a problem with my RAMS BDM. Sure, his comments are short but are too the point which saves me and my clients time from lodging business to have them declined 5 weeks later. I always get return calls and emails which is more than I can say for alot of other lender BDM's. I was also directed to website, where I found they update their turnaround times each day. Why does this then seem like a surprise for everyone?
  • NSW broker | 07 May 2009, 03:52 PM Agree 0
    It's a tough in the broker market at present but should we really be blaming the BDM's?? BDM's have no control over SLA's and i know my RAMS BDM is doing everything she can to communicate SLA's and she assists were possible. Maybe if RAMS still had a contact centre it would free up some of their time to assist with urgent matters.
  • Ron Franks | 11 May 2009, 09:39 AM Agree 0
    RAMS is conscious of our current service delivery time and it's impact on your and your clients, however I can assure you we are working extremely hard to recitify.

We have more then doubled our processing staff, we work weekends, we have temporarily prioritised full applications ahead of Pre- approvals, we publish our SLA daily to help you manage your client expectations.

We are not a large organisation and our ability to handle excessive applications (3 to 4 times our normal flow)has been not as great as the large Banks, but we continue to make progress and offer choice to your clients.

With our current turnaround times our BDM capacity are also being pushed to the limit answering Broker enquiries therefore please be patient and we will return your call and emails ASAP but definately within 24 hours.

Thnaks for your feedback.
  • Broker Watcher | 29 Sep 2009, 09:21 PM Agree 0
    Thanks Ron. Are we there yet?
Post a reply