Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

RBA called on to fix 'diabolical' economy

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 04 Apr 2012, 04:00 AM Agree 0
The Reserve Bank has again copped criticism from the mortgage industry for failing to move on rates
  • Paul | 04 Apr 2012, 12:28 PM Agree 0
    Calling the situation in Australia "diabolical" is certainly a bit dramatic and reeks of the sensationalism that dominates tabloid papers. I suggest Mr. Kolenda takes a trip to Greece before thinking of the most sinister adjectives he can to generate publicity.
  • Robbo | 04 Apr 2012, 01:08 PM Agree 0
    I dont know what Mr Kolenda wishes to achieve by making such diabilical claims about the economy's "diabolical " condition. The RBA is no longer the only determinant for what interest rates our clients' will pay. The majors are increasingly in more control and this will continue until the govt grows a backbone or the banks cease to expect ridiculous profit growth targets every year...
  • sidbroker | 04 Apr 2012, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    The rates are to high guys and you should know that. Speak to people in small business and take a look around at the vacant shops and commercial premises in your area then tell me all is well!!
  • Papery | 07 Apr 2012, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    Its not that bad kids..... I remember when there really was a very high commercial vacancy rates & IR were more than 10% & unemployment was a real problem. Im pleased that we have some conservative leadershio both in govt & witihn the banks.... I want my job, my house, my super safe tomorrow as well as today....
Post a reply