Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

RBA governor hoses down speculation of 2015 rate cut

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 15 Dec 2014, 08:21 AM Agree 0
The governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia has hosed down speculation of a cash rate cut next year
  • Patrick | 15 Dec 2014, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    RBA does not "change its spots mid stream". So no rate cut early 2015, but if economic conditions worsen, watch for a change it the rhetoric to something like "there appears to be a need emerging requiring some monetary policy stimulus" this will mean a rate cut might be coming within 1 to 2 months. Current "stability" program means not up not down in the foreseeable future.
  • Papery | 15 Dec 2014, 10:12 AM Agree 0
    When things change direction they often change suddenly, unexpectedly & dramatically. I'm sure there will much more nervousness & speculation following Joe Hockeys announcements over the weekend.
  • Agus Nurhalim | 02 Feb 2015, 09:25 PM Agree 0
    For some time, RBA keep the notions "period of stability". In light of recent turmoil of Oil Price and ECB move, it help lower their currency into "reasonable level". So, i will ask myself, "will i, in this position, added another stimulus to lower the currency?" I don't think so. Pressure come from housing sectors, to boost the moderate growth. But it is not really compulsory, isn't it?
Post a reply