Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

RBA 'haven't got much right': Kolenda

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 06 Feb 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The RBA committed a "blunder" in their decision to leave rates on hold, according to one industry figure
  • PS | 06 Feb 2013, 10:07 AM Agree 0
    Kolenda simply doesn't understand economics enough to talk about the RBA.

The official interest rates of our trading partners is set to reflect their domestic economy. Are we in the same economic situation as China? United States? India?

These are one-sided comments that make mortgage brokers hungry for lower rates so they can make more money.
  • PPS | 06 Feb 2013, 01:56 PM Agree 0
    @PS That's a little patronizing, don't you think?

I'm tired of this mortgage broker bashing, making brokers look like 'money hungry' dimwits that don't 'understand economics enough to talk about the RBA'.

The truth is, brokers are in a fine position to be making comments about the RBA this is their business and someone like Kolenda who has spent half his life in the industry would have a fair and considered analysis of the situation.

You cannot certainly believe that the economic situation of China, the United States or India does not impinge on Australia's. It's this kind of small mindedness that keeps Australia behind.

There's also no need to cross examine an perfectly balanced article. I think readers here are intelligent enough to see if comments are one sided or not, in spite of what you say.
  • PS | 07 Feb 2013, 10:51 AM Agree 0
    I remember reading on here a few months back that Kolenda called the Australian economy diabolical in asking for lower interest rates.

At the time I thought it was such a 'fair and considered' view of life in Australia.
Post a reply