Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Report reveals key threats to broker channel

Notify me of new replies via email
Maya Breen | 14 May 2015, 08:24 AM Agree 0
A new MFAA-commissioned study has identified the five biggest threats to brokers
  • MYRR | 14 May 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
    This would have to be one of the best articles I have read in Australian Broker! How do we get a copy of this report??
  • Julia Corderoy - Australian Broker | 14 May 2015, 09:07 AM Agree 0
    Thanks! You can find a copy of the full report on the MFAA website under their "News" section.
  • Scott Beattie | 14 May 2015, 09:34 AM Agree 0
    “Building multiple streams of income is no longer a luxury, it’s a necessity”
  • Broker | 14 May 2015, 09:52 AM Agree 0
    Well I suppose it has been at least 6 weeks since the commission issue was raised - clearly we should be expected to handball the banks our clients and do the majority of the work for the lenders as well - all for love of course.

When will this stupidity cease??
  • Regional Broker | 14 May 2015, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    This report highlights the need for a professional Lobby Group to be employed by the MFAA to take up the issue of " Trailers and Commissions". The MFAA have done this and all credit to the CEO and her team for doing this. Hopefully ASIC understand the value add of brokers in Australia. Especially as over 50% of deals to the lenders are sourced by Banks.
  • Maria Rigoni | 15 May 2015, 10:05 AM Agree 0
    Biggest threat to brokers is lender inefficiency and internal service level agreements they have with their service providers... not only wastes brokers time in follow up, follow up, follow up but makes the broker look efficient.
Post a reply